McKinney Mommas: Mudderella NorCal 2015 - Ready To Own Your Strong? Google+

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Mudderella NorCal 2015 - Ready To Own Your Strong?

I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Mudderella. I received complimentary admission to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.



I know most of my posts start something like this -

.....being a mother of three babies under the age of four...

or

....since I've basically been either pregnant or nursing for the past 4 years straight...

I know it gets old, but but really it applies to most things I talk about here, and this post is no different. 

Since I have been focused solely on the raising of three tiny tots born very close together (my oldest is barely 4 and youngest barely 1) I've had to let a lot go of a lot of my own personal goals

Some days I barely get a shower, okay I lie...most days I DON'T even get a shower. So, the idea of an hour or two long run or workout is basically a joke.

I haven't owned a gym membership in about 10 years, and my last sports bra is probably three sizes too small.


It's time to Own My Strong®

 

I've been making excuses for myself for too long, my youngest is one year old now and it's time I start setting some fitness goals for my health. 


I'm not going to set myself up for failure, buy deciding on some magical number of pounds I'm going to lose in the next 6 months or a year.

 

Instead, I'm going to set for myself TWO achievable goals:

 

  • GOAL #1. Get Stronger

 

Now, I have never run a marathon, half marathon, color run, fun run, okay you get the idea. 

 

This will be my first race of any kind, fun or otherwise! 

 

The reason why I chose the NorCal #Mudderella2015 race is:

 

A. It just happened to come to my attention when I really wanted a KICK IN THE BUTT to start getting more fit. 

B. It's a team event - so I can run/train with my girlfriends. 

C. It's only 45 minutes away from my house. 

D. There is a Mudderella training guide available online, that doesn't require a gym membership. 

E. It's a cheap alternative to a mud wrap at the spa - heh, heh. 

Today was the start of my training - I just looked up Mudderella Week 1 Training, and found that Tuesday was "Mudderella Workout 1" - which was a series of Plank Holds, T-Raises and other exercises I did while the kiddos were eating breakfast and watching a show. 

 

Tomorrow, the training guide shows "Push and Pull" a combo of exercises with hand weights - which is also do-able from home. Yahoo! 

 

The NorCal Mudderella course, in June will be a 5 mile obstacle course that I will run with three of my buddies - with the goal of simply FINISHING and having FUN

 

Did I mention there will be lots of mud?

Photo courtesy of: mudderella.com

 

So, if you're looking for a good way to start your own journey to getting stronger, healthier.....or dirtier - check out the list of Mudderella events, designed for women, by women coming to your area below: 


-        NY/NJ – May 9, 2015 – Englishtown, NJ

-        Chicago – May 30, 2015 – Richmond, IL

-        NorCal – June 27, 2015 – Vallejo, CA

-        Toronto – July 11, 2015 – Kitchener, ON Canada

-        Capital Region – July 25, 2015 – Clarksburg, MD

-        Colorado – August 22, 2015 – Snowmass Village, CO

-        Pittsburgh – September 12, 2015 – Slippery Rock, PA

-        Whistler – September 26, 2015 – Blackcomb Mountain, Whistler, BC Canada

-        New England – October 3, 2015 – Thompson, CT

 

If you don't see a town near you, sure to keep your eye on the Mudderella website, or follow Mudderella on Facebook, as they could be adding more throughout the year! 

 

One of Mudderella's mottos is, "You're Stronger Than You Think" and I think that's true for just about every women I've known in my life. 

 

Now, it's time to prove it, to the most important champion in your life...yourself.   


Are YOU ready to Own Your Strong®?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. Please email me directly if you need a response right away!