Did you know that it's "Napping Week"?
Being 23 weeks pregnant AND having a 13 month old to run around after means that this momma likes (and needs) her naps!
Read some of these great napping tips, and enter to win your very own "ticket to successful napping" (aka. a Simmons Beautyrest® mattress) below.
- A short nap is usually recommended (20-30 minutes) for short-term alertness.
- If you take a nap too late in the day, it might affect your nighttime sleep patterns and make it difficult to fall asleep at your regular bedtime. If you try to take it too early in the day, your body may not be ready for more sleep.
- Your surroundings can greatly impact your ability to fall asleep. Make sure that you have a restful place to lie down and that the temperature in the room is comfortable.
- Use a face mask or eye pillow to provide daytime darkness and make your nap more effective.
- Prime nap time is from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., when your energy level dips due to a rise in the hormone melatonin at that time of day.
A successful nap requires a good quality mattress and Mattress Giant (Texas & Florida - only) has your sleep covered!
In honor of National Napping Day (Monday after Daylight Savings – March 12, 2012), Mattress Giant has designated March 12-16, “Napping Week,” and is celebrating with a sweepstakes.
Mattress Giant Napping Week Sweepstakes!
- Enter to win: Monday, March 12 - Friday, March 16 (ends 11:59 a.m. CST)
- The sweepstakes will be hosted on Mattress Giant's Facebook page on the "Napping Week" tab. (Open to Texas & Florida residents only)
- Prize: (1) Simmons Beautyrest® Classic Portsmouth Plush Pillow Top queen mattress set; (2) Mattress Giant Silver Dual Comfort Pillow (standard size); (1) Mattress Giant 6-Sided Mattress Protector (queen); free local delivery
Total Prize Value: $2,039.95
* * * and stay tuned to McKinney Mommas for a review and chance to win your very own high-end pillow (valued at $99.99) from Mattress Giant later this week....... * * *