I recently wrote a post called Adventures in Baby Formula, where I highlighted my journey from major brand formulas to generic or store-brand formulas.
For some reason, initially my mind was set that I'd only give my baby "the best" which (to me) meant major brands, which also are much more expensive. Now while, I felt better feeding my baby "fancy" formula, my budget was not so happy.
So, a few months ago, I decided to give the store brands a try, to give my budget a bit of a break. I did some research and found that the main ingredients in the major brands are comparable to most of the store brands. However, many moms seem to be stuck with the thought that major brands are better.
In fact, according to a recent study:
· 68% of moms believe a heftier price tag for formula means that it’s a better quality product.
· 49% of new first-time moms believe name brand formulas offer more nutritional value than their significantly less expensive store brand counterparts.
I'd challenge you to compare the ingredients and nutritional value of both sets of formula (store brand and major name brand) and make your own decision. One place that is a wealth of information online, giving you the ability to compare the results is: StoreBrandFormula.com - check it out!
It should go without saying that I am not a medical professional and I'd encourage you to run any information by your child's pediatrician before making any changes to your feedings. However, I'm also a big fan of using your own brain and the facts and research out there to make smart decisions and not just follow the "influence" of major brand advertising.
So until next time.....be smart, research the facts and enjoy YOUR own Adventures in Baby Formula!
- (4) cans of Parent's Choice Premium formula
- (4) cans of Up & Up Sensitivity® formula
- (3) $3.00 off coupons for any 23.2oz.+ powder infant formula at Walmart
Enter to Win (closed)
- In a blog post comment, share YOUR experience with formula, good or bad (leave your email address so we can contact you if you win)
- Subscribe to our RSS feed (so you don't miss another giveaway)
* Optional BONUS entries *
- Giveaway ends on March 20th, 2012 - winner will be notified by email and have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
* Note: I was given some cans of formula to facilitate this review. However, all opinions are 100% my own and were not influenced by the complimentary product received.